As much as people are thrilled about the arrival and launch of the Ola Electric Scooter in India, their minds are bubbled with so many questions which are worth answering.
All You Need to Know About Ola Electric Scooter
There are many things worth inspecting such as its price, the design of the Ola Electric Scooter, and from where we can book it, and can it be chargeable at home and also if this whole tech product is worth buying or not. Your mind might be occupied with lots of such questions, so in this article, I am going to clear all of your doubts.
What is Ola Electric Scooter?
The Ola Electric Scooter is a Dutch startup, based on the AppScooter from Amsterdam-based company Etergo. The vehicle can run about 240km range on a single charge which is possible due to its 3 swappable batteries.
In April 2021, Ola Electric revealed that they will be building India’s largest charging infrastructure. By the first year, they are keeping a target in mind to hit the installations over 5,000 charging stations across 100 Indian cities.
As soon as they hit their Ola Electric scooters in the market, they are claiming to be competing against the Ather 450X, TVS iQube Electric, and Bajaj Chetak.
Features of Electric Scooter:
The vehicle charges from 0 to 50% in 18 minutes and boast speed up to 75 kilometres. On a full charge, the range is anticipated to be around 150 kilometres. Among other things, it includes full-LED lighting, fast charging, and a front disc brake.
Let’s know a few of the features of the Ola Electric Scooter:
- Fueled by a 50 Nm motor
- Equipped with a lithium-ion battery and strong engine.
- Peak performance of 6kW with a continuous output of 3kW.
- LED Illumination available
- Speeds upto 45kmph in 3.9 seconds
- Disc brakes available at both ends (200mm/180mm)
- Front & rear single-sided suspension
- Bluetooth Connection available
- Locking/unlocking remotely
- Navigation provided on-screen
- The largest under-seat storage.
How can I get Ola electric scooter?
The spread-out of the Ola Electric factory, established in Bengaluru is about 500 acres and can produce an Ola Electric scooter in 2 seconds. In the following weeks, the electric scooter is likely to boom in the market.
Being the world’s largest electric two-wheeler factory, it has verified that the first phase of its two million units yearly capacity is nearly complete.
Book your Electric Scooter:
- Go to olaelectric.com
- Select the ‘Reserve for Rs 499′ option.
- Fill in your mobile number.
- Check the verification box of captcha, and then go for the ‘Next’ button.
- Fill in the OTP you received on your cell phone and then go for ‘Next.’
- Choose one of the three payment methods: debit/credit card, UPI, and net banking.
- A new dialogue box named ‘Total Payable – Rs 499′ appears.
- Choose your desired payment method to get directed to the payment portal.
- After a successful payment, you will get the order ID and other data through SMS or email to the mobile number and email address provided.
Colors and designs for Ola Electric Scooter:
The Ola Electric Scooter is available in three models:
- The Ola Series S
- The Ola S1
- The Ola S1 Pro
The primary colours are matte sky blue, Matte Black, and matte pink.
The price of the Ola Electric Scooter:
The price of the Ola Electric Scooter is likely to fall between 1 Lakh to 1.2 Lakhs. Pre-bookings have started on 15 July by keeping a minimum deposit of 499 INR which is later refundable, in case the buyer changes his mind.
You can book your Ola Electric scooter from the official website of Olaelectric.com. According to Ola Electric, customers who are booking early will receive priority delivery.
Can we charge an electric scooter at home?
There are two ways to charge the Ola scooter:
- Home Charging – You can charge your electric scooter at home just by plugging your home charger into any 5A outlet.
- The Ola Electric Charging Network – The company has announced that the charging network will be spread across 100 locations and will ultimately span 400+ cities.
Standalone chargers located in important malls, IT parks, and famous sites around the country ensure that you will always be able to find a charger no matter where you travel.
The Ola Scooter charges an exhausted electric vehicle from 0 to 50% in 18 minutes and runs for about 75 kilometres. On a full charge, the range is anticipated to be around 150 kilometres. The scooter is likely to come with a home charger that does not require installation.
Conclusion | All You Need to Know About Ola Electric Scooter
As new and fancy as it sounds, the electric scooter will help as they don’t have to deal with the daily hikes in the prices of petrol and diesel, easy to use, no air pollution and saves a lot of energy of yours.